وظائف شاغرة لدى منظمة التضامن الدولية: مطلوب مدير إداري (Administrative Manager)
Does this description fit you?
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only will not be considered.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with the keyword “Administrative Manager – your name” included in the subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
We actively encourage women to seize opportunities, break barriers, and excel in their careers. Join our team, where your skills, ideas, and contributions will be valued and nurtured, fostering a culture of inclusivity and empowerment.
ABOUT THE STRUCTURE:
Solidarites International is an International NGO working with vulnerable populations, mainly victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters. Specialized for nearly 40 years in the coverage of vital needs, S.I. takes charge of emergency and reconstruction programs.
With respect for cultures and close to the people, Solidarites International implements its programs by combining its skills with those of its employees and local managers.
Solidarites International's teams, made up of around 270 expatriates and nearly 2200 local employees, are today present in 18 countries in Asia, Middle East, Africa and South America where they are particularly committed to fighting diseases related to unsafe water but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
- S/he participates in the development of the strategic finance and HR orientations at base level
- S/he ensures that the administrative procedures and tools are followed and compliant with SI procedures
- S/he manages the finance and HR assistants and participates in providing the capacity building and empowerment of the administrative team.
The main challenges:
- New position (but replacing someone already responsible of the administrative department)
- Effective coordination with all departments such as programm, operations and logistics.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Full handover period and capacity building will be provided by the current Administrative Manager to ensure smooth transition and support.
- To get familiar with both HR and Finance SI processes
- Participate in ensuring that HR follow-up tools and archives are up to date
- Taking over the ongoing projects and prepare the upcoming projects in terms of budget FU
Responsibilities and main activities:
Goal / Purpose:
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the administrator carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
- He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
- He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
- He/she supports, monitors and trains the members of his/her administrative team.
List of main tasks:
- Administrative management of personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Supervise the archiving, handling, and security of Solidarités International personnel files
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Supervise the collection of elements needed to establish wages and monitor their proper implementation
- Calculate taxes, complete returns and make statements and payments to the necessary organizations
- Assist in defining and applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel
- Track the cost of living
- Update the mission organization chart
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Lead meetings for the administrative team
- Manage his/her base's cash-flow and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics manager
- and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cashboxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Monitor bank books for his/her base and keep the safe
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the finance or administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Administrative management of the mission:
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line Manager: Field coordinator
- Line report: Entire base administrative team
- Functional Manager: HR and Finance coordinators or Administrative Coordinator
- Functional Report: –
- Specific skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accountancy/Finance and/or in Human Resources management; ; it can be balanced by experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position, for INGO/NGO sector with proven experience in finance department
- Experience with major humanitarian donors and donor compliance rules
- Proven experience in team management
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Solid competences in MS Office, advanced Excel
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skills, with experience in donors funding management
- Knowledge of humanitarian donors’ rules is an asset
- Knowledge of recruitment process and HR practices
- Knowledge of Lebanese Labor Law, NSSF Law, Income Tax
- HOMERE and SAGA software knowledge is an asset
- Excellent in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Work accurately with close attention to details
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communications and diplomatic skills
- Strong capacities on team management including training and capacity building
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values
- ARABIC LANGUAGE: Fluent
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Fluent
- FRENCH LANGUAGE: None (a plus)
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- A salaried post: 2300 USD – Basic salary
- Vacation: 1.75 Paid Leaves/month
- Social and medical cover.