فرص عمل لدى منظمة Concern Worldwide: مطلوب مسؤول مشتريات ومرافق (Procurement and Facility Officer)
Upon submission, please include “Your Name – Procurement and Facility Officer” in the subject of the email
Applications without Cover letter will not be considered
Please include the details of three employers for professional references in your CV , including line managers & HR departments from the 2 recent employers ( Name, Phone Number, Professional email Address, Employer's name)
Concern is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Any attempts to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will have their applications acknowledged
The Systems Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in service delivery to both internal and external stakeholders. The Systems Department facilitates and manages organizations Procurement, Transport, Warehouse and Assets functions in line with formulated internal frameworks and being compliant with set donor regulations and guidelines. The overriding objective for all Concern Worldwide System’s activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials, goods and services to Concern Worldwides’s beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
The Procurement and Facility Officer will be responsible and accountable for the custom clearance, purchase of goods, services and works for Concern Worldwide in Lebanon.Based in Akkar, with regular travels to the field offices,he/she will execute his/her duties in accordance to Concern Worldwide Policies & Procedures and donor guidelines. He/she will effectively and efficiently support procurement systems, processes and activities to deliver quality programing on time in line with organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
- Based in Halba with frequent travel to field locations
- 80% Akkar&T5 and 20% Beirut
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Procurement, Documentation & Compliance:
Ensure that all procurement related activities are well documented, are in compliance to all procurement frameworks and laid down policies and procedures by:
- Process and track field procurements, prepare contracts and procurement files from the field offices.
- Prepare contracts and payments
- Process importation and custom clearance with government officials and custom clearance agents.
- Ensuring that all Supplies Requests and subsequent documentation are approved in line with the Country Delegation of Authority Matrix. Following the correct solicitation procedure for different procurement thresholds and filing all procurement related documentation in soft copy on the server.
- Update and follow the Database of suppliers and support in setting up approved supplier list
- Co-ordinate & set up weekly purchase committee meetings with the program team and Logistics Manager.
- Accountable for the full procurement process for all supplies and services, ensuring that the procurement processes outlined in Concerns International Procurement Guidelines are followed at all time.
- Handle the formal quotation process and lower as instructed by the Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that Suppliers Requests (SR’s) are received with full (adequately detailed) specifications of the supplies requested and that all sections of the form are adequately completed.
- Being responsible for preparing all necessary paperwork, quotations, evaluating quotations and putting LPO has and contracts in place as instructed by the logistics manager.
- Ensuring that the evaluation and selection criteria of vendors/supplier is appropriately executed and documented as outlined in the international procurement manual.
- Ensuring that the correct and appropriate contract is prepared, reviewed by the Logistics Manager and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
- Ensure that all procurement requests are processed efficiently and timely.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the supplier market.
- Report to the Logistics Manager whenever there might be delays at any point during a procurement process.
- Process the collection and receipt of goods from the suppliers, ensuring that the goods are of the required specifications.
- Support the Logistics Manager in preparing tender dossiers to an appropriate standard prior to adverting tenders.
- Efficient management of all documentation and paper trails in the Concern Procurement System.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Being responsible for preparing RFQs, etc. for review and approval before sharing with potential vendors.
- Ensure that all procurement files are scanned and uploaded on the server.
Reporting & Records Management
Ensure that all procurement records are properly kept and all reports submitted in a timely manner by:
- Maintaining a filing system in line with Concern procurement procedures.
- Maintaining all Procurement files (both hard and electronic copies) in an organized, accurate and up to date manner. (This includes all Purchase Orders, Contracts, and Agreements etc.)
- Ensuring that all documentation and correspondences arising out of any procurement related transaction is appropriately documented and incorporated in the corresponding procurement file.
- Maintaining and regularly updating supplier database and carry out Market Surveys as directed by Logistics manager.
- Generating any other procurement related reports as may be requested by the Logistics Manager.
Adhere to Concern Worldwide's procedures and policies, as well as any donor regulations.
- Handle all necessary formalities for storage and/or distribution of goods,
- organize electronic and physical filing of logistical data.
- Conduct a monthly physical inventory of stocks and send reports to the Logistics Manager at the end of each month, recording both the receipt of goods and their accounting value.
- Present and confirm weekly and monthly action plans with the immediate supervisor and perform any other requested tasks.
- Ensuring timely payment of water and electricity bills.
- Monitor the use of generators in the Compound, ensure logbooks are updated, and organize/track their maintenance.
- Compile monthly reports on fuel and lubricant consumption based on each generator's performance.
- Ensure compliance with Concern's asset management policies and procedures (documentation, maintenance, protection, use, and transfer/movement).
- Ensure assets are used appropriately and correctly, planning timely and regular preventive maintenance for all generators.
- Conduct monthly physical checks of all assets and submit reports to the hierarchical supervisor for analysis.
Internal & External Business Partnerships:
Ensure that the procurement function works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
- Assisting requestors to outline correct item specifications when making supplies request.
- Liaising with the Transport & Warehouse Officer on the procurement pipeline and anticipate dates for receiving commodities.
- Proactively sharing information with requestors on status of their supplies requests and ensuring that procurement lead times are adhered to across all thresholds.
- Timely and promptly arranging for Procurement Committee Meetings (as and when required).
- Working closely with Program Experts for Technical advice when procuring specialized commodities, services or works.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager, support programing teams in the development and close monitoring of procurement plans.
- Preparing accurate and complete Payment Requests (with all supporting documents) and onward submission to Finance Dept. upon System Director’s review and approval.
- Constantly coordinating & liaising with other support functions (HR, Admin, and Finance) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
- Managing procurement related external communications with vendors/suppliers in liaison with the Logistics Manager and (or) Systems Director.
- Actively participate in collective exercises such as preparation or updates of Preparing for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan, Security Management Plan (SMP) and other Concern initiatives.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in program as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organization.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (Code of Conduct and its associated policies, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
- Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing program area or in a new one)
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern’s Code of Conduct;
- Support the promotion of the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to the team and the beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment;
- Respect confidentiality & conflict of interest disclosure agreements and follow humanitarian & ethical values & guidelines
- Support Field Office procurements for items procured in Lebanon.
- Occasionally have field support visits to offer support as may be required/directed by Logistics Manager.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in conducting special tasks/assignments that may not be related to procurement as and when directed.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner that will not bring disrepute to Concern Worldwide or conduct that may jeopardize Concern’s humanitarian mission.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Logistics Manager.
- Degree in Business Administration / Management , supply chain and operations management, or similar required
- Masters preferred.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience, within the Procurement and Facility functions. Preferrably with humanitarian organizations & INGOs.
- Former experience includes:
- Procurement processing
- Supporting programs in developing procurement plans
- Inventory checking & monthly inventory report
- Monitoring use, raising maintenance needs proactively, and ensuring protection of assets
- Knowledge of international humanitarian organizations policies & standards in link to procurement
Concern’s Essential Competencies:
- Managing yourself
- Communicating and working with others
- Delivering Results
- Planning and Decision Making
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking
- Change Management
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent computer skills (DDGs, Microsoft Office)
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic
- Commitment to and understanding of Concern’s values and principles
- Strong commitment to ensuring the protection of refugees
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
Emergency response: Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and Lebanon Programme is to respond, you may be requested to actively participate in the response, regardless of location, and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies: Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of Programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the Programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.