وظيفة شاغرة لدى منظمة Concern Worldwide: مطلوب مدير ملجأ (مأوى) (Shelter Project Manager – Expected Vacancy)
Upon submission, please include “Your Name – Shelter Project Manager” in the subject of the email
Applications without Cover letter will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will have their applications acknowledged
Please include the details of three employers for professional references in your CV , including line managers & HR departments from the 2 recent employers ( Name, Phone Number, Professional email Address, Employer's name)
Concern is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Any attempts to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification.
Halba and Tripoli (with equal time split between the two locations unless and/or otherwise agreed with line manager & Programme Director)
The main purpose of the position is to implement Concern’s Shelter programme under UNHCR funding, in residential and non-residential settings, informal tented settlements (ITS) and targeted municipalities in Akkar and North Governorate, in line with agreed performance standards (proposal & Concern PCMS) The PM will support further developing Concern’s shelter & settlement projects in Lebanon through contributing to new concept notes, proposals and value added partnership.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Programme is being implemented in accordance with the objectives agreed with the donor, Concern procedures, and best practice
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans and ensure that these are implemented
- Ensure the preparation of detailed implementation work plans(weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans) and provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
- Ensure budget project management, be responsible and budget holder of the project, including expenditures forecast, update on monthly budget tools and liaise closely with the Finance team in this regard.
- Ensure that accurate Programme databases are maintained
- Liaise as necessary with other Concern programmes, systems, and logistic / procurement teams
- Provide technical and management oversight and supervision of the multi-sectoral Programme in informal settlements and at municipal level.
- Ensure all Programme targets are reached in accordance with agreed Programme objectives, as per donor contracts, in line with the overall Programme approach and ensure integration with other Programme activities.
- Oversee the preparation of technical documents such as tenders and BOQs, and oversee material and equipment purchases and delivery as necessary to ensure that Concerns’ and donors’ policies and procedures are applied and followed.
- Ensure all necessary permits and permission from local authorities and landowners are in place in advance for carrying out all the project activities.
- Support the implementation of an M&E system to monitor progress and capture impact of projects and to make necessary adjustments to work plans if necessary in a timely manner.
- Monitor case identification within target populations and subsequent referral for service provision (health, education, legal assistance, livelihoods, WASH, etc.).
- Promote community mobilization and a social behavior change approach with target populations during household visits and focus groups in residential/non-residential settings, informal settlements and in targeted municipalities.
Reporting and Information Management
- Ensure that Concern’s and donors’ reporting commitments are met, including weekly, monthly, quarterly reports as necessary in accordance with Concern’s procedures and those of donors
- Ensure that collected project data and documents are properly stored, analyzed and backed-up.
Representation and Coordination
- Participate in Shelter working groups and Cash working groups at a Governorate or National level
- Coordinate the project activities with different stakeholders, including area based committees and municipalities
- Work closely with UNHCR for guidance and support
- Support the direct reports and wider shelter team in fulfilment of their tasks
- Supervise the daily activities in the field and in the office
- Provide technical support and on-going on-the-job training and coaching to staff.
- Identify staff training needs, but also Program Participants needs, and recommend on-job or other capacity building measures in consultation with the Area Coordinator the HR department.
- Proper planning of staff leave and absences
- Oversee the recruitment of suitably experienced and skilled staff to implement the Programme, as required
- Ensure Performance reviews are carried out on a regular basis with team members and that objectives are set at the beginning of the assessment period. Additionally, hold staff accountable for meeting their success criteria, and give corrective and constructive feedback where required
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and adhere to Concerns Programme Participant Protection policy and Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring team motivation, monitor wellbeing of the team dealing with complex cases
- Regularly meeting with direct subordinates for follow up, support, listening to their needs, and others as per the need
- Ensure information circulation & coordination across the team and with other concerned departments when relevant
- Solve & mitigate team conflicts, while ensuring the involvement of the HR department
- Contribute to a healthy working culture in the department
Surveys, site assessments, preparation of designs and documentation
- Lead the profiling of the area shortlisted under ABA in collaboration with UNHCR, including consultation with local stakeholders, participatory assessment, secondary data analysis, and response design
- Oversee the Post-distribution Monitoring of Winterization activity and Shelter upgrade, in collaboration with the MEAL department;
- Ensure proper follow up of beneficiaries after receipt of the services for additional support and referral
- Conduct technical surveys and assessments of informal settlements for site improvement works (measured drawings, photographs, narrative) noting all topographic features (site levels, vegetation, soil quality, adjacent water ways or sources etc.), number and layout of tents, and the extent of existing infrastructure.
- Support the technical team in preparing all detailed scope of works and designs including all necessary drawings, specifications, and Bill of Quantities
- Prepare tender and contract documentation
- Assist in the technical evaluation of submitted quotations and recommendation of contract awards
- Ensure case identification within target populations and subsequent referral for service provision (health, education, legal assistance, livelihoods, WASH, etc.)
- Support in sharing of experience of the project
Implementation of Shelter activities following the ABA
- Supervise, coordinate and report on the progress of the project activities to the Area Coordinator
- Ensure that all upgrade and installation works conform to specifications and are of the highest quality
- Promptly notify the contractor of defective works and ensure that they are rectified
- Monitor progress on site relative to the project Programme / timeline
- Record, note, and justify any additions or variations to the works
- Certify project completion
- Carry out interim / final measurement relative to the BOQ and recommend payment amounts
- Prepare payment documentation
- Prepare a post completion project report [narrative and photographs]
- Complete contractor performance assessments
- Ensure proper contracting, field level oversight, works certification and payment preparation processes for contractors and other service providers engaged to execute water supply, sanitation and site improvement works in informal settlements.
- Monitor warehouse material stock and dispatches (including contingency stock) to avoid idle stocking, and ensure deliveries are done and utilized in compliance with Concern procedures.
Collaboration with Partners:
- Engage in local partner assessments and selection procedures.
- Directly oversee the implementation of activities by selected local partners. Making sure the partner follows the agreed standards and procedures (ref to project agreement with partner) while carrying out the implementation.
- Lead program-related aspects during kick-off meetings to foster seamless collaboration.
- Partners capacity building – support the partners with targeted capacity building (in line with capacity gaps/ needs as identified).
- Assist in the transition phase with local partners.
- Monitoring and maintaining the partners’ workplan's progress.
- Ensure effective support from the Concerns team to local partners.
- Conduct thorough reviews of reports received from local partners.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern’s Code of Conduct;
- Support the promotion of the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to the team and the beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment;
- Respect confidentiality and follow ethical guidelines
The tasks of this position are not limited to what is mentioned in this job description, additional tasks can be requested as per the programmatic needs
- Bachelor’s degree in civil / structural/ transportation / architectural / geotechnical / construction engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering, Shelter and WASH activities preferably residential, non-residential and in Informal Settlements, including at least 2-3 years in shelter project management experience
- Leadership and supervisory skills and ability to foster team spirit.
- Budget management skills
- Representation skills
- Shelter project management monitoring skills, ensuring quality implementation
- Technical & Social shelter experience
- Experience in supporting the development of proposals, concept notes
- Partnership experience
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Report writing skills and computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Experience in monitoring construction and managing contractors is highly desirable
- Very good knowledge of English & Arabic both written and oral
- Willingness to have long working hours, stay in the camps and travel to sites when required.
- Commitment to ensuring the protection of refugees
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices
- Empathy with Concern’s goals
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and Lebanon Programme is to respond, you may be requested to actively participate in the response, regardless of location, and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Concern’s Core Competencies Requirements:
Managing yourself: aware of own abilities and areas for development, adapts and uses abilities to work well with others and help achieve Concern’s objectives
Individual Leadership: acts to inspire others by clearly articulating and demonstrating the values and principles that underpin concern’s work. Holds a sense of pride in Concern and loyalty to the organization. Supports others to achieve excellent results
Communication & Working with others: uses the most appropriate channel to share information with others both inside and outside Concern; adapts the message to meet the communication needs of the audience. Works effectively with others, gaining the most from people and situations
Delivering Results: Delivers on commitments, uses appropriate techniques to help achieve agreed objectives
Planning & Decision Making: systematically develops plans towards achieving objectives, makes clear, informed and timely decisions appropriate to the t
role, in the interests of Concern and those we work with
Creativity & Innovation: Focused on continual improvement, seeks out, develops and successfully implements new ideas that further organizational priorities and the needs of those we work with, builds on proven approaches, evaluates and learns from ongoing work to improve it
Influence, advocacy, and networking: Engages with others inside and outside the organization to promote the interests of Concern and those we work with, gathers and shares a wider knowledge of issues relevant to Concern’s work
Change: Responds positively and constructively to change, managers to take part in change processes in a way that is appropriate to role in the organization
Strategy: focusing on extreme pool & most vulnerable, managing risk, and making decisions
People: Leading by example, motivating & developing, and communicating & influencing
Impact: leading change, driving performance, and removing barriers to delivery
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of Programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the Programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.