فرصة عمل لدى FHI 360 Ngo: مطلوب مسؤول فني تقني (Technical Officer II: Gender, Equity, Safeguarding and Social Inclusion (GESSI))
Applicants must submit:
(1) an updated CV along with three references and salary expectations,
(2) a cover letter explaining how you are uniquely qualified for this position
(3) a one-page case study that (a) outlines what are the common challenges to mainstreaming GESSI and (b) provides an example of how you have built the capacity of a CSO to advance GESSI within its programs or operations, what technical approach/tools did you utilize, what were the results and impact of your work with that CSO, and what are your lessons learned.
Complete applications should be sent to: [email protected] quoting the title of the job in the subject line. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions in the fields of health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. In Lebanon, FHI 360 is implementing the USAID-funded Lebanon Civic Action Accelerator Program (LEB-CAAP), which aims to enhance civil society responsiveness to locally driven demands to accelerate inclusive rights-based policies, practices, and services through a combination of grants, technical assistance, and partnerships. This $16M program began in July 2021 and will continue through June 2026. To learn more about our program offerings, visit https://daleel-madani.org/civil-society-directory/fhi-360 and our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram @lebcaap.
FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates to serve as a Technical Officer II: Gender, Equity, Safeguarding and Social Inclusion (herein referred to as “GESSI Officer”) to contribute to the design, coordination and implementation of interventions that advance and mainstream GESSI principles within the programs and operations of LEB-CAAP and its civil society partners. The GESSI Officer is a member of the Capacity Strengthening team, reporting to the Senior Team Leader/Capacity Strengthening, and works closely with the Senior GESSI Advisor who provides technical guidance and expertise to ensure compliance with the policies and requirements of USAID and FHI 360. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance and capacity strengthening support to civil society partners on the integration of GESSI principles, policies and procedures in their operations and programs through the implementation of capacity assessments, development of capacity action plans, design and delivery of customized capacity building interventions, as well as the development of tools, frameworks, curricula, and resources.
- Facilitate and manage the completion of grantee mandatory safeguarding self-assessments, assess results and define actions, as well as assist in the evaluation, development and/or adaptation of policies (i.e., code of conduct, child safeguarding, protecting program participants from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), anti-harassment, anti-trafficking, gender equality, non-discrimination policy, accessibility and reasonable accommodations guidelines of persons with disabilities).
- Train and mentor grantees on awareness, implementation, and enforcement of GESSI-related policies and themes, including delivery of FHI 360 mandatory safeguarding workshop and track technical assistance of GESSI activities.
- Coordinate closely with the grants and technical team in ensuring effective integration of GESSI approaches in grant solicitations; disseminating grant opportunities and conducting solicitation workshops; reviewing applications and participating in grant evaluation committees; contributing to co-design of grants as well as technical and budget negotiations; reviewing grantee program descriptions, activities, workplan, and deliverables; monitoring grantee activities, conducting site visits and participating in grantee events, review grantee reporting on GESSI interventions.
- Provide technical support and coaching to grantees in implementing their plans, delivering training, and mentoring on GESSI as per their GESSI action plan and as needed.
- Draft LEB-CAAP’s annual Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Analysis for review and once finalized, draft an accompanying GESSI Action Plan, and ensure the timely implementation of the plan in line with USAID and FHI 360 requirements.
- Serve as the project’s Safeguarding Focal Point in line with FHI 360 safeguarding protocols and requirements.
- Participate in and/or facilitate selected program activities, including but not limited to stakeholder consultations, collaborative design workshop(s), and co-creation activities.
- Contribute to the project’s overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework, tracking of GESSI-related indicators, data collection and analysis, as well as design and implementation of Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities, including documentation and collation of GESSI-related lessons learned, standard processes, and success stories.
- Participate in relevant working groups including the LGTBQI+ Task Force, Gender Working Group, and USAID MEPL GESI Community of Practice, and relevant departments within FHI 360 including the GESI Unit, Safeguarding Unit and DEI+ Unit as assigned.
- Assist in the development of the annual work plans, monthly and bi-annual reports, as well as monitoring and evaluation plans and other reporting requirements as requested/
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in gender, human rights, law, political science, international development, social sciences, social work or a related field. Master’s degree or its international equivalent a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of GESSI work in the civil society sector in Lebanon, with a national or international organization.
- Practical experience in designing and delivering technical assistance and mentoring on gender equality, safeguarding, and/or social inclusion for CSOs engaged in rights-based advocacy, humanitarian response, communications campaigns, civic engagement, community mobilization, mainstreaming approaches and/or do no harm.
- Track record in developing and delivering GESSI training, as well as in conducting assessments, developing capacity action plans, and providing organizational strengthening support, including policies and procedures, in the priority areas of gender equality and safeguarding is required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, project management, interpersonal, and proactive problem-solving skills with significant time management skills and ability to work in multiple projects as needed.
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive subjects and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of Lebanese civil society’s efforts to advance human rights and social inclusion and/or involvement in networks, coalitions or multi-sector initiatives.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and partners.
- Professional proficiency in English and Arabic, with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft software and networking tools desired.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 welcomes diversity among its staff and encourages members of any marginalized or underrepresented group to apply for any position for which they believe they are qualified.