وظائف شاغرة لدى الاتحاد الدولي لجمعيات الصليب الأحمر والهلال الأحمر: مطلوب مدير/ة برنامج (Program Manager – BRC (Fixed contract: 1 year))
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 191-member National Societies (NSs). The overall aim of IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by NSs with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. IFRC also has country cluster delegations and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
IFRC has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment and other forms of harassment, abuse of authority, discrimination, and lack of integrity (including but not limited to financial misconduct). IFRC also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
The British Red Cross (BRC) has been working in the MENA region since 2004 with partner national societies and opened a satellite office in Beirut in 2013.
The EUR/MENA regional team in BRC work through and in close cooperation with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners in the region, including the IFRC and ICRC, Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Lebanese Red Cross, Iraq Red Crescent, Yemen Red Crescent, Libyan Red Crescent, and others. BRC are currently engaged with programming in, among others, disaster preparedness, capacity building, relief through cash and voucher assistance, and logistics-related programmes both bilaterally and multilaterally.
To manage the successful delivery of the BRC programmes with implementing partners in Lebanon. The role will have decision-making responsibility, subject to BRC leadership approval procedures, providing key strategic and programmatic management to ensure that activities are completed on time and within budget, that staff and systems are managed in accordance with relevant sectoral and BRC policies and procedures, and ensuring that the programme remains appropriate to the context. It will ensure that all back-donor obligations are met. The role will seek to identify and secure new funding opportunities to enable a continued BRC response while there are unmet humanitarian needs for relief or recovery, and to which BRC has an added value in responding. The role will have some delegated authority from the Country Cluster Manager to manage BRC’s engagement in the programmes within Lebanon. The role will lead on the management and monitoring of BRC emergency response operational support to Red Cross partners though Movement partners. The role will also ensure that BRC proactively captures both the learnings from the programmes’ outcomes across Lebanon.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Programme Management
- In accordance with delegated budget and operations management authority, take responsibility for the decision making on, and efficient and effective management of, BRC programmes in Lebanon, and related budgets currently around CHF 1 million.
- Work proactively with the EUR/MENA teams to ensure appropriate on-going support responding to identified needs with Red Cross/Crescent national societies and that decision-making on methodologies are consistent with BRC International priorities.
- Work closely with the MENA Country Cluster Team to ensure the Lebanon programmes are coherent with the broader International Strategy and the MENA Regional Action Plan, especially around capacity building support to the Lebanese Red Cross.
- Ensure that the BRC programmes in Lebanon remain appropriate to the political, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context of the countries in the region. This includes the ability to analyze the context and make programme decisions accordingly (covering security, operational objectives and approaches, resourcing, and coordination).
- Identify and advise on new programming options, including longer-term recovery as the situation allows, which are consistent with BRC’s regional priorities.
- Ensure appropriate management systems are in place regarding all BRC-supported activities (including but not limited to monitoring (seeking to ensure compliance with internationally-recognized standards), security and health and safety, HR, accountability).
- When/if possible, undergo monitoring and support visits within Lebanon, working alongside the Lebanese Red Cross and, where relevant, the IFRC and ICRC to ensure the on-going relevance of programme direction and support.
- Liaise with and ensure timely instructions and adequate information are supplied to BRC support teams (finance, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEAL)/Community Engagement & Accountability (CEA), logistics, Protection, Gender & Inclusion (PGI), Human Resources (HR), Security, etc) in order to meet the needs of this operation.
- Contribute to the documentation and communication of learning within the organization and seek, where possible, to share that learning with key stakeholders.
- Financial and human resource management
- Take responsibility for the effective management of the programme budget ensuring accurate forecasting, reporting, and ensuring spending targets are met.
- Work with the BRC Business Development Manager to identify funding options for continued programming initiatives and support in the development of proposals for, and the securing of, new contracts.
- Ensure operations comply with BRC procedures, regulations, and policies. In particular, that the financial management of all funds meets with the standards established by the International Finance and donors and liaise with the BRC Regional Finance Manager.
- Provide timely provision of clear and consistent information and operational narrative and financial reporting for BRC corporate and institutional donor proposals and reports.
- Ensure that the reporting and accountability needs of institutional donors, where relevant, (FCDO, ECHO, PPL and the DEC) are provided for.
- External relationship management
- Develop and maintain BRC operational relationships with the Lebanese Red Cross Society, IFRC secretariat at the country and regional levels, ICRC, other Participating National Societies (PNS), donors present in the region (especially FCDO) and relevant stakeholders, ensuring an open and transparent dialogue.
- Team Member
- Actively participate in all team meetings.
- Support other team members the regional and other relevant teams.
- Provide clear and useful analysis and support as an advisor in the three national contexts.
- Work and behave in accordance with all BRC policies and procedures.
- In accordance with established processes, contribute to the editing and sign off on information resources relating to the programmes which are produced by other BRC directorates, including texts for fundraising, communication, social media, web and other purposes.
- If required, to give media interviews regarding the programmes, following sign off of the content via the established processes.
- Facilitate technical and management visits from appropriate BRC UK Office staff.
- Any other reasonable duties as delegated by the Country Cluster Manager.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and work within the Society’s equal opportunities policy.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Work actively towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- University degree (or equivalent work experience) in relevant to international humanitarian aid and/or development – Required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience is required within the international humanitarian system or international development context – Required.
- Proven and considerable experience in the development and management of multimillion pound and multi-faceted humanitarian assistance programmes – Required.
- Demonstrable experience of managing humanitarian, recovery and/or development programmes in the Middle East – Required.
- Proven track record of working through, and in support of, partner organisations (preferably local National Societies) including working to develop their organisational capacity to respond – Required.
- Demonstrable experience working in demanding environments to multiple deadlines – Required.
- Experience in monitoring partners’ use of programming resources, preferably within the Red Cross Movement – Required.
- Experience of establishing effective relationships to influence and enable decision making – Required.
- Considerable experience of programme design, proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation – Required.
- Demonstrable experience of working with donors and managing donor funded programmes – Required.
- Experience leading / commissioning / supporting evaluations and learning reviews – Required.
- Experience in budget management – Required.
- Experience in RC/RC movement – Preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Clear and precise oral and written communication skills, including ability to engage with a variety of staff of different experience and managerial levels – Required.
- Ability to analyse both quantitative and qualitative data and interpret information to communicate to and persuade decision makers / different audiences, both written and verbal – Required.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current political, social and humanitarian situation in the Middle East, especially around the Lebanon context – Required.
- Strong budget and financial management skills – Required.
- Experience of analysing humanitarian contexts and operations, identifying pertinent issues, making operational and strategic recommendations – Required.
- Demonstrable ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders working in a partnership approach – Required.
- A can-do attitude, with an ability to work independently and under pressure – Required.
- Strong organisational and planning skills including accuracy, consistency, and attention to detail – Required.
- Strong analytical skills, with proven problem-solving experience – Required.
- Self-sufficient in computers (particularly Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Teams) – Required.
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate, implement and monitor work plan – Required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective remote working relationships with counterparts in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity – Required.
- Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility & adaptability; X Internal interpersonal skills; resilience; friendly. Have a positive attitude, resourceful, hardworking, trustworthy, mature and able to maintain confidentiality at all times – Required.
- Willingness to travel when required – Required.
- Fluent spoken and written English & Arabic – Required.
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French or Spanish) – Preferred.
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust.
- Managerial competencies: Managing staff performance; Managing staff development.
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability