فرص عمل لدى المفوضية السامية للأمم المتحدة لشؤون اللاجئين (UNHCR): مطلوب مساعد برامج (Senior Programme Assistant – G5 – Temporary Appointment – JR2330383)
- This vacancy is administered under RAP – UNHCR/HCP/2022/07:
- Candidates are divided into 3 categories:
- Internal candidates: current staff, holding a fixed term or indefinite appointment, who, at the date of the deadline for application, are serving in the same category of the vacancy, at the grade of the position or one grade below or above.
- Candidates with UNHCR experience: current staff in other categories of the vacancy, or same category applying 2 grades above their own, TAs, Affiliates (UNVs, UNOPS, Consultants, interns), or former UNHCR staff who held FTA/IND appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
- External candidates
- Candidates will be assessed against the requirements of the position based on their qualifications, professional experience, skills, and performance record (if any) and may be further evaluated in a test and/or interview.
- Candidates who have a Workday profile can access the vacancy through Menu > Career > Job Search
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
- UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. UNHCR has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment. Successful candidates will be subject to a mandatory UN Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment clearance check prior to receiving an offer. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fees). All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Programme Assistant would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division. The incumbent may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/region programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Program Assistant.
S/he is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Provide administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
– Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
– Provide support to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on, in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
– Guided by the MFT approach, support the development and implementation of monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
– Contribute to the review and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis.
– Assist in ensuring compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits.
– Use UNHCR¿s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
– Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contributing to improvements of programming tools and processes.
– Perform other related duties as required.